Many people ask us, what is property maintenance exactly? Well, property maintenance services work by keeping real estate in good working order, carrying out duties such as repairs and renovations on behalf of the property owner. For a rental property, maintenance companies serve the needs of tenants and offer property management to keep occupants happy and nurture an owner’s reputation.
Hiring a property maintenance company can be a very daunting task. After all, as an owner, you are trusting these maintenance companies with what is typically a very valuable asset, and damage to your reputation can affect the willingness of people to view you as a desirable landlord in the residential or commercial property sector.
Visit our Property Maintenance page for more information on the services we offer.
What is Property Maintenance Good For?
With the right approach, you can find effective maintenance and management services, which takes much of the stress out of owning property as an investment. The best property management companies achieve the following for their clients:
- They save you money: Timely repairs and preventative maintenance strategies, such as roof surveys, gas or electric safety certification and plumbing or drainage inspections can stop problems from occurring. There is a cost-preventative outcome to the services of a top management company.
- They respond in an emergency: Burst pipes, flooding, gas leaks and other dangerous situations can occur on any property. These instances require adept management to solve properly, and there may be legal or insurance issues from poor care. Reactive maintenance companies are fast and decisive.
- They add value to your property: Whether it is high-quality painting and decorating, putting up a fence or a full kitchen or bathroom installation, the best companies add value with comprehensive renovations when you require them. Always seek a maintenance company that provides extra building work.
Property maintenance can be quite diverse, it can involve things from important safety checks to simple cleaning – or even just odd tasks like putting up shelves or assembling furniture for a tenant. A good maintenance plan usually involves a combination of regular maintenance, ad hoc repairs and one-off enhancements.
Understanding the nature of property maintenance and how to find a good provider is difficult. However, as a leading company in London – we are a good source of information. If you have property maintenance requirements in the London area then please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss using our services.
How to Tell if a Property Maintenance Service is High Quality
Now that we understand the goals that good maintenance companies achieve for their clients, we can look at what signs suggest a company’s services are a reliable investment. Whilst most repair and maintenance management companies will claim great abilities, there are several crucial service features to look out for.
The following are some aspects of a quality service, which you can keep an eye out for when thinking about hiring a property maintenance company. The following will suggest a reliable and cost-effective service for your building maintenance needs:
- Transparent rates: A critical feature to look out for is a company that has a transparent pricing structure, which ensures you will never have any nasty unexpected charges to deal with. Knowing how much you have to pay before any work takes place is also beneficial for peace of mind in planning budgets.
- Quick turnarounds: Delays in gas safety certificates can cause an upcoming tenancy to stall, and time-consuming end of tenancy repairs might result in a similar delay. As a result, always look for companies with large teams working across their given region – as this will boost the cost-efficiency of their services.
- Extended guarantees: The truly exceptional property maintenance companies are so confident in their results that they will offer you extended guarantees. This protects you if their work is not up to par or there are unforeseen complications. Look for a minimum of 12 months guaranteed.
Hiring a property maintenance company is something you want to avoid having to do often, so make sure you take the time to research maintenance services in your area and assess them individually. Ideally, you are looking for a long term relationship that will keep the costs of owning your property as low as possible – so choose wisely.
What is Property Maintenance? Asked and Answered
Property maintenance is the ongoing process of keeping a building in good working order on behalf of an owner, and property management companies may also offer extra services such as rent collection, screening tenants and other conveniences.
Looking for a company that can save you money, respond quickly and build value into your property is key to hiring a property maintenance company. Please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss our property maintenance services in London.